Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Hard to veiw data

Terrymax
7 - Meteor

Hi All

I am new to Alteryx with 8 learning hrs now. 

It is unable to keep original data  on the screen, then view the processed data, hard to do  the "before - after"  check.  I

Any ways to keep two results on the sceen? 

Any hints for me? 

THANKS1

10 REPLIES 10
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Terrymax ,

You can use Browse tools at any point in your workflow to see the data at that particular point.

For example, in the example below you can see two browse tools:

mceleavey_0-1623143324993.png

Browse 1:

mceleavey_1-1623143354541.png

Browse 2:

mceleavey_2-1623143371143.png

This allows you to see the data at every step of the workflow.

NOTE: You don't need to use the browse tools, you can simply click on the output node (the little green arrow on the right of the tool) to see the output of every tool.

This allows you to see the original data and the data as it changes at every step.

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Terrymax
7 - Meteor

@meceleaveyThanks so much for your swift reply! But still not adress my paint point, i want to see two "Browse" result in one Screen, then can study the data, to check the changes.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Terrymax ,

that's the kind of thing you would do in the old Excel method, not in Alteryx. 

Can you give more details about what you want to achieve and we can build it for you. Do you have some data showing what you're trying to achieve?

M.

Bulien

chinta
7 - Meteor

Hi @Terrymax 

How about using Join or Append tool to merge before and after data. Care must be taken when using Append tool as it can bloat your memory. Here's an example - 

chinta_0-1623145779238.png

But I agree with @mceleavey, you need to think differently with Alteryx.

Best, 

PKC

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You could also "pop out" the two Browse tools into separate windows and place them side by side.

Terrymax
7 - Meteor
Thanks for it.
Terrymax
7 - Meteor

Thanks Mbarone!

Could you please advise how to "pop out" the two browser tools? 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Sure, you can click on each browse tool one at a time, and in the upper right corner of the results window you'll see a "new windows" option:
2021-06-09 07_24_18-Alteryx Designer x64 - New Workflow5_.png

Terrymax
7 - Meteor

Dear mbarone,

This is very helpful indeed! 

Thanks you so much!

Labels