Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Handling the missing dates

gantaanvesh
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community,

I am facing an issue with previous missing data, let's say I have multiple products starting data available from 2017-04-01 but also I have added two more new products recently from 2019-05-01. so then except these two products remaining all the products I have the historic data as well.

So now I am sorting the data according to date and product, category and etc... to get last 12-month rolling value avg. data which has more than 12 months has no issues ... but then as I said I have added recently two more brands causing me the issue like (previous rolling 12 months am using row-1 condition, in this case, it is taking random values and giving me the incorrect result. 

so now what I need is I need to generate rows wherever brands do not contain 12 months I just need to generate rows and all the dimensions should same values should come  "0"

can someone help me with this logic?

I have tried by using generate tool with this condition " [Generate rows]>= DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(),-12,'months')"

"Datetimeadd([Generate rows],-1,'months')" it is generating but values also repeating the same for every month, which is not correct

2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @gantaanvesh ,

I think you used the first month as the initial value to generate rows. I've created a sample workflow, starting thew "generate rows" at [Current Month] - 1 and setting the value for this month to 0 before generate rows is executed. Does this help?

Best regards

Roland

gantaanvesh
8 - Asteroid

Hi @RolandSchubert 

Thanks for the solution!!

I have a small doubt the example you gave has measures column only 1 what if I have 10 or more than 10 can i use data cleansing tool for selecting multiple columns and make it 0

Labels