Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Hadoop Hive setting parameters

pheimill
5 - Atom

Hi,  hope I have correct forum for this question.  if not let me know.   I would like to specify Hadoop hive settings/parameters inside Alteryx, like specifying tez execution engine.   Is that possible?

specifically, like to set the following settings:

SET hive.execution.engine=tez;
SET hive.exec.reducers.max=4;
SET hive.optimize.ppd=false;

Thanks,

Paul Heimiller

3 REPLIES 3
pheimill
5 - Atom

fyi.  I didn't find a way to apply settings in Alteryx, but it happens my hadoop ODBC driver allows this.  so I found workaround.

To set 'hive.execution.engine' in the Hortonworks ODBC driver to be used with Tableau, follow the action plan below:
1. In ODBC driver configuration, go to Advanced Options
2. Click on Server Side Properties button
3. Click Add button
4. In Key add hive.execution.engine and Value add "tez" or "mr" (without quotes).
5. Click ok and confirm the rest 

abake116
5 - Atom

Hi pheimill,

I am trying to enable tez as well and came to the same solution as you.  However when monitoring my running applications on my hadoop cluster port, the Application Type still says MAPREDUCE.  Does your do the same or is it showing up as a TEZ application?

Thank you!

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @pheimill 

As of today, you must use your ODBC DSN settings to pass such parameters, since in db doesn't allow pre-sql.

There is this idea to allow pre-sql for in db :
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Ideas/Pre-SQL-for-InDB/idi-p/94203

Best regards,

Simon

Labels