Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

HJow to use a List Box Tool in the right way

willracing
5 - Atom

I'm trying to configure a List Box to select a year or years and output the data based on the years selected. I can get it to select one year at a time but when I check multiple years in my list box I get no results. Please help. Here's my current configuration.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Will,

Great attempt at the list box you were only a few steps away! I have attached an example to this message. 

I hope this helps,

Best,

Jordan Barker

Client Services Support Engineer

willracing
5 - Atom

Thanks Jordan. Your solution worked but I did have to change the input values from an 'integer' to a 'string' to get it to work. Any idea why the same process doesn't work with an integer? When I tried your process with the values as integers I did remove the quotes aroung the years but still didn't work. Just curios.

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Will,

That was because I used the quotation marks so it was presuming a string. I removed the quotation marks and left the field as a double (use can use int if you want) and it will work. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Client Service Support Engineer

willracing
5 - Atom

Thanks Jordan. Appreciate your help with this.

bb213
8 - Asteroid

I have a similar workflow but the result set is not displayed unless I have an output tool. How did you get it to work with a browse tool? Do I need to change my canvas settings?

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@bb213 

Browse tools with only show in designer - You need to go to interface designer and then find the properties icon (It looks like a cog) in the window for the interface designer. Here you can tick the output option you want

In Alteryx server, browse tools do not show, so you have to use an output tool

Best,

Jordan

Labels