Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

HELP!!! Repeat count when other column repeat

jjimenez
8 - Asteroid

I need help to group the below mentioned names by university, study, tuition and country. The way I was thinking was to add a count that repeats at name (highlighted below) so I could create columns for each person. Then I could use the Cross Tab / Transpose tools to get each person and their information in 1 column.

I can't figure out how to use the Record ID tool to repeat numerically upon the change of name. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

jjimenez_0-1664563727048.png

5 REPLIES 5
jjimenez
8 - Asteroid

My ultimate goal will be to filter down by the TOP 5 students with highest tuition and what countries they are in

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @jjimenez 

I've attached two methods here. One is what you describe and the other is what I would recommend:

Both use the multi-row tool to create a grouping 

Luke_C_0-1664565071056.png

Luke_C_1-1664565081706.png

jzkyburz
8 - Asteroid

@jjimenez , if I understand your inquiry correctly, you should be able to accomplish this with a multi-row formula tool:

jzkyburz_0-1664565057783.png

jzkyburz_1-1664565077449.png

Check the attached example workflow with your data to see if this is what you need.

jjimenez
8 - Asteroid

Luke - Thank you so much. This was very helpful.

Do you do any tutoring on the side? Been studying and practicing for exam #2 (for the 2nd time) :)  

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @jjimenez 

Happy to help - please be sure to mark the solution.

My best advice for the advanced exam is to review the prep guide and do plenty of weekly challenges. 

Labels