Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

HELP ME

aufa_shakir
5 - Atom

Hello guys 🙂

I have a problem to clean and sort my data. For an example, In 1 column contains 3 different variables such as state, occupation, and add sources. So how can I do to separate the data to 3 others group specifically. Pls help me guys. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @aufa_shakir ,

Thank you for your question to the Community!

I moved your post to the Designer Discussions forum where you can ask anything about Designer. 

This article "Q&A: Where Do I Post My Questions?" should also help you out. 

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Steph Vitale-Havreng
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Thanks @StephV  for moving the post in the discussion pages.

Hi @aufa_shakir 

Is there a particular character that repeats itself between the different variables? In the following example you can see that my different variables are separated by a "-", so that can act as a delimiter to split to different columns

State-Occupation-AddSources

Providing a sample of the data or at least a mock sample of the data usually helps in answering your question. By the sound of it you will probably have to use a Text to Columns tool.

Cheers,

Angelos

aufa_shakir
5 - Atom

Hi Brother,

Nice to know you😊

photo6179337352367942569.jpg

This is what I want from my question previously. I'm not good in English. Sorry my bad. But I hope you can understand the table that i give to you above.

Just Beginner,

Aufa Shakir

Labels