community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

[HELP] Error message when opening file

Atom

Hi all,

When I open alteryx workflow file, I receive an error message saying "There was an error loading the Tool Palette. The Tool Palette may not function properly. An item with the same key has already been added."

If I proceed, all the tools will disappear. Options --> User Settings --> Restore Defaults will fix this issue once, but next time when I open a different file, this error message will still show.

Could you please show me how to fix this?

(Screenshot is attached)

Many thanks!

Hi @Auditor,

Do you have any macros loaded in menu Options, User Settings, Edit User Settings, Macros tab please?

Thanks,

Paul Noirel

Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx

Atom

Paul,

I have same error and don't load the Tool Palette. I checked User Settings and don't see any Macros loaded in the macros tab.

Is there something else, I need to check?

Thank you.

Krishna Sekhar

Atom

we are also experiencing this issue.  it began after the following windows updates.

2019-02 Cumulative Update for WIndows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4487038) 3/18/2019 1:09:05 PM

(several were listed but the post removed them)

also we were able to get the tools to reappear, by restoring defaults, so the palette could be used, but when we closed Alteryx and reopened it re-appeared and we had to restore defaults again.

Labels