Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

HANA SQL Alteryx Workflow execution Error

RAHULMISHRA
8 - Asteroid

I am running a Alteryx workflow with data retrieval from HANA using SQL and ALteryx tool. The error I am getting is as follows:-

Error: Data Stream Out (9): Error SQLExecute: [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] General error;2048 column store error: search table error: column store error: search table error:  [9] Memory allocation failed (please check lines: 7)

What is this error due to? What is the reason for this error? How can I rectify it?

5 REPLIES 5
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @RAHULMISHRA ,

The fact that it says memory allocation issue makes me thing there is a problem with the RAM allocation of your computer.

Are you running multiple workflows at once? You have to remember that the total amount you should use for Alteryx is at max half of your pcs RAM.

For example: 16GB Total then 8GB at max

Regards

RAHULMISHRA
8 - Asteroid

Please advise what needs to be doe as errror is in Data stream out? @VitekZ  Please suggest what needs to be done?

RAHULMISHRA
8 - Asteroid

Hi @afv2688 ,

In Task manager, The alteryx memory consuption is less. Please advise what needs to be done?

Thanks,

Rahul Mishra

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @RAHULMISHRA,

How many rows are you trying to download to the alteryx designer?

Once you stream out data is stored in your machine. I would recommend you to try to reduce the amount of rows by filtering out as many rows as possible. Reducing the total size that you want to stream out should do it.

Regards

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @RAHULMISHRA 

From the text of this message, it looks like it could be an error in the SAP HANA database as opposed to Alteryx.  If you search for "General error;2048 column store error: search table error: column store error: search table error:  [9] Memory allocation failed (please check lines: 7)" you'll find a series of responses on the SAP site dealing with this.  This one suggests ways to limit your search sizes 

Dan

Labels