Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Guide to Creating Your Own Connector - Authentication

RoelEsselink
8 - Asteroid

Hello all,

I am struggling to retrieve data using API using NTLM authentication.

This is the situation. We have this URL that generates this data:

1.png

My customer is interested in the last part of the json string “Value”:42938.0

So if I use the following workflow (see screenshot below) we get output you can see in attachment API results.csv:

See API results.csv for results (please note that you need to expand field to see all the data).

2.png

Now I did find this post: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Sources/Download-Tool-with-authentication-unexpected-POST-with...

If I replicate the workflow in the solution (see screenshot below) posted in the Alteryx Community I get results you can see in attachment API results – Fox.csv.

3.png

Can you see what we are doing wrong here? Is there something I need to add to the HTTP action (GET) in the Download tool?

Appreciate any help this excellent community can give!

2 REPLIES 2
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @RoelEsselink,

The error in both the results is unauthorised access and so you will need to look at how you aer passing the credentials or whether there is a proxy blocking access to the api.

Kane

RoelEsselink
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the input. I think indeed there is a problem with authenticating. I was told this was a simple API but I think there is more happening than I suspected.

I have contacted the API owner now and will try to figure it our with them.

Labels