Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Grouping of 4 Charts and output to single page of PPT

uvdurai90
5 - Atom

Hi Friends

I need to keep 4 Charts in single page of PPT in the order of Chart 1 (Left top corner), Chart 2 (Right top corner), Chart 3 (Left bottom corner) Chart 4 (Right bottom corner)

I grouped Chat 1 & 2 using 'Join Multiple' tool side by side and used 'Layout' tool to combine both of them

and I followed the same for Chart 3 & 4 and then I used "Union" tool to group Layout (Chart 1 & 2) and Layout (Chart 3 & 4) one by one after than I used "Layout" tool again to have all 4 charts in single page

Finally I used "Render" tool to output to PPT, But I am getting the Layout (Chart 1 & 2) in 1st page and Layout (Chart 3 & 4) in 

2nd page of PPT always

I need to have all 4 Charts in single page in the specific orders...

Could anyone please help with sample Alteryx workflow..? That would be much appreciated..!

Thanks & Regards

Velladurai

6 REPLIES 6
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @uvdurai90 ,

The reason for this is because your charts don't fit in the page vertically. In the layout tools, what you can do is reduce the layout height until both fit in a single page

Screenshot 2021-06-09 153135.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

you can directly control the size of your charts here:

2021-06-09 (2).png

 you can use that to make them smaller - or just increase the "report size" page size option in Render to say 50" by 50"...

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

My bad, @apathetichell  is correct, changing the layout won't influence the chart size, so you have to go in each chart and make sure it fits the desired space

Here's a very ugly example 🙂

AngelosPachis_0-1623249942298.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@AngelosPachisResizing the page is definitely the preferred method though... Good practice for the expert exam (which hopefully everyone will do better on than me....)

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

@apathetichell Would it still work if you had size limitations for your page? ( i.e. you might want your report to fit in an A4 paper because you might wish to print it)

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@AngelosPachisAFAIK resizing the chart is fixed so you could fit 4 on an A4 if you wanted to and if you made the charts small enough. I personally have never needed to thankfully.

Labels