Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Grouping and matching

ajayb
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Alteryx Community,

I will appreciate all the help I can get on this pressing problem.

I have a large dataset (>50k rows) and for this I need to apply the below rules:

I want to perform a check where - for the records with the same 'Material Id.',

Alteryx would look at the manufacturers and suppliers and for every row for that material, if there is a one manufacturer tied to a different manufacturer, add a 'YES' under the Delete Record column and 'NO' for all other cases.

The idea is that one manufacturer cannot supply the same part from a different manufacturer who also manufactures the same part.

I added the below table with examples and attached a spreadsheet with the same.

Record Id.Material Id.SupplierManufacturerDelete Record?
1Part_ASupplier_1Manuf_ABCNO
2Part_ASupplier_2Manuf_ABCNO
3Part_AManuf_ABCManuf_DEFYES
4Part_BSupplier_1Manuf_XYZNO
5Part_BManuf_DEFManuf_KLMNO
6Part_CSupplier_2Manuf_KLMNO
7Part_CSupplier_3Manuf_KLMNO
8Part_CManuf_KLMManuf_GHIYES
9Part_CManuf_GHIManuf_GHINO
4 REPLIES 4
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @ajayb,

Workflow attached.  The last Join tool removes the unwanted rows on the join output, so the left output gives you the data you want.

Grouping and Matching.png

ajayb
6 - Meteoroid

This is a great solution. Thank you for the quick response!

Is there a way to identify the rows that need to be deleted?

I was thinking about a new column that just says 'Yes' or 'No' for each row. This way I can keep a record of the rows that were identified for deletion before taking the final step of deleting them.

ajayb
6 - Meteoroid

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Since the data to be deleted is in the J output of the last Join tool, you get your desired results by adding Formula tools to add the new field, a Union tool to bring it all together, and a Sort tool to put it back in the original order.

Grouping and Matching v2.png

Labels