Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Grouping Based on Similiar Fieds

YLYONG
9 - Comet

Hi Alteryx Community,

I am trying to identify how many unique items are there on this list based on grouping PKSZ, Item Description and RU.

How can I acheive the ouput below using Fuzzy Match?

Thank you.

YLYONG_0-1632573132114.png

2 REPLIES 2
KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @YLYONG ,

for Fuzzy Matching, I recommend to use a tool combination to be able to see results and tweak the fuzzy match settings. (screenshot below)

KilianL_0-1632737250363.png

In this way, you will see which rows were matched by the fuzzy match. (every row with the same 'group' ID)

You can find an example solution attached. Take a look at the fuzzy match setting to understand how it works. I chose that PKSZ and RU have to match exactly, and the description to be roughly the same by 85%.

Keep in mind that Fuzzy Matching is not an exact science. It requires testing and tweaking of the match-settings and it might not detect all duplicates.

Please mark this as the solution if it answers your question, it will help others to find solutions quicker.

Kind Regards,
Kilian
Solutions Engineer - Alteryx

mst3k
11 - Bolide

hi - i'd like to beg for your help since you are knowledgeable about the fuzzy match tool. i have a similar thread here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/fuzzy-match-help/td-p/827060

could you walk me through how the fuzzy match tool should be configured to solve this?

Labels