Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Group email creation

usrixs
5 - Atom

Hi all!

I am very new to Alteryx,so apologies if this is a simple question to ask. I'm trying to send out an annual email which asks supervisors to verify employee access to certain programs. I attached a sample dataset if it helps - I'd like to be able to send a an automated email like:

"Hello <supervisor name>, please verify <employee name>'s access to the following datasets:

<list of datasets:
set 1,
set 2,
set 3>"

The problem is I really don't know where to start with this. I know that alteryx has a send email tool, and I can input field names for each individual row, but I can't figure out how to list the sum of datasets an individual has access to. In addition, is it possible to send out multiple emails to the supervisor for each employee under them? Or would it be easier to list all employees and their access within the same message?

I've been struggling for quite some hours trying to solve this issue, so I'd be very grateful for any help and advice.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Matt-Behrens
6 - Meteoroid

Hey! I made a simple workflow that creates the body of the email for you and puts it in the email tool. If you have any questions let me know!

Matt

usrixs
5 - Atom

This is perfect, and just what I was looking for! Thanks so much for your help Matt, I really appreciate it.

Labels