Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Group by columns based on duplicate records

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

I have created a workflow using the Unique tool to separate duplicate records and then join them the original records. The problem is that all the duplicate records are now placed at the bottom of my excel output. To differentiate them I have created additional column with value true if record is duplicate

What I want is that the original and duplicate records of each instance occur together. So it will look like 1 original record followed by all their duplicate counterparts with true in the duplicate column and have this pattern throughout the output

1 REPLY 1
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @fardeen9983,

You need to first sort the data by the column identifier if you have any and afterwards, at the same filter use a sort by column to show the original trade at the first place.

If you don't have a unique key sort the data by all columns used in the unique tool. It should do the job as well. 

Labels