Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Group by Reference Number

czjames87
8 - Asteroid

Good morning,

Is there a way to group one reference number by another? I am trying to group pro numbers by their perspective load numbers. I tried using the summarize tool but it doesn't give me an option to group by another reference number. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @czjames87,

Is it possible to give an example of the data sources, with an input and an output you're looking to get to? It'll help us to understand what you're trying to do a little better!

Kind regards,

Jonathan

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Can you give a before and after example of what the incoming data looks like and what you want the outgoing data to look like?

czjames87
8 - Asteroid

So the data comes in like this 

czjames87_0-1617210565353.png

What i would like to see is each one of those rows that has multiple pro number be grouped by load number so that when you look at a load number you can see all the pros associated with that load number on a different line. 

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can do a summarization with a group by on load number, and a concatenation on pro number. You'll need to change pro number to a string prior to doing this.

Once you have your complete list, you can join it back to your complete dataset by load number.

echuong1_0-1617211922072.png

Labels