Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Group and Concatenate Reporting Fields

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hi Everyone --

I am working on a project and came across an obstacle.

Here is what I did. I was able to successfully -- using the reporting tools --create links to one of our internal systems so as a person is reviewing the spreadsheet, then can click a link and be taken right to the document. See image below:

smoskowitz_1-1634320145755.png

I need to join this data back to a master list of data. So the issues is that each GTN is unique in the master list and cannot be repeated. It would be perfectly acceptable to group by GTN, Concatenate by Transaction Unique ID and Concatenate by TTR link. 

Problem is that it appears the TTR link column cannot be concatenated.

smoskowitz_2-1634320299947.png

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Seth

7 REPLIES 7
drew9
9 - Comet

Hi @smoskowitz ,

Can you please attach a cleansed version of your workflow?

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

@drew9 --

Thank you for the response.

What I would like to see is

GTNTransaction Unique IDValue Field (clickable links)
AS982C2021-Q2-11806,2021-Q2-11806,2021-Q2-118522021-Q2-11806,2021-Q2-11806,2021-Q2-11852

Each Transaction ID is clickable and each would take me to a different part of our internal system.

Thanks,

Seth

KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

hi @smoskowitz 

please have a look at attached workflow.

Is it something you want to achieve?

Karolina

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

@KarolinaRoza --

Thank you for this as its close. Once you save it out using the render tool -- each link is output into a separate column in Excel. I would ideally like all the links in a single column preferably separated with a comma.

Again, I appreciate you assisting in the task because I can't figure it out.

Regards,

Seth

drew9
9 - Comet

so you can't concatenate TTR as it is a reporting object. But can you use the same logic you're using in the reporting tools to create you're link as a normal string? I'd like to see the portion of your workflow where you actually create the link as opposed to having it in a text input.

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

@drew9 -

I can certainly take the link and concatenate it -- you're right as it certainly isn't the issue. I was hoping to make it clickable and concatenate it.

Apologies for the confusion.

Seth

PhilipL
Alteryx
Alteryx

@smoskowitz Try converting all to text objects, then combining. See attached.

Check it out.

Phil

Labels