Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Gridlines on Different Sections of Report in Alteryx

rgalik
7 - Meteor

Hi All!, 

I have been trying to utilize Alteryx to do what I have done in the same attached report. I have been able to get the top color red and grey. 

My Question is: 

1.) How can I get the gridlines for certain sections of the report with two blank rows between each section. 

2.) Is there a way to only have the red color the first 9 columns on the first row?

Thank you so much!

14 REPLIES 14
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @rgalik,

1) For the separation I think the easiest way would be to do a union by position with a manual input with two empty lines.

2) For the second part I think you could only achieve it manually editing per column on the table tool. Can't think right now of doing it anoter way

Regards

rgalik
7 - Meteor

Hi!

Thanks! I have done the union tool. But when I export to Excel, there are no black lines on each sheet.

Any advice on how to do this?

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @rgalik ,

Do you mean that the lines were before but not now anymore?

Did you union the empty lines on a separate table tool or directly before data goes into the table tool?

Regards

rgalik
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

The lines were never there. I need to add them. Perhaps I should clarify, by gridlines, I mean it to look like the gridlines when they are outlined in black. My export has no outlines around each individual cell per each section. 

Yes, here is a screenshot of the flow.

rgalik_0-1579213801567.png

rgalik
7 - Meteor

I need borders around each cell in each section.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Something like this?

rgalik
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Not quite. I need the borders to be around field 1 and then all the cells under it. As well as the the other cells. But no thick outside borders.

I have also tried to format the columns where the column contains a certain words, but it doesn't seem to take. 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @rgalik 

Here's a modification of @afv2688's workflow that uses a combination of column and row rules to generate an output similar to what you're looking for including the red background only on a subset of the rows

r.png

The column rules modify the pcxml of the various cells similar to this

rule.png

Dan

rgalik
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much!

This works perfectly!! 

Can this be exported to Excel?

Labels