Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Greater than or equal to comprator

aspain
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all

I am trying to flag values according to whether they meet a threshold of 0.7. I have used the formula below.

formula.png

[Fulfilled Hours] and [Requested Hours] are Doubles. When [Fulfilled Hours] /Requested Hours] = 0.7 the row is flagged as "Partial unfulfilled, < 70%" (example below 234.5/335 = 0.7 exactly).

output.png

Would anyone have an idea as to why this is?

4 REPLIES 4
Simha
9 - Comet

Hi,

This is a known bug and another user faced a similar issue when comparing anything to a value with digit 7 in it. It's strange, but it happens with digit 7. If you try with 0.8 or 0.9 or any other, no issue.

Edit: I found the link to the similar issue I mentioned earlier. You will see some pointers that might help you. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Filter-Doesn-t-Seem-to-be-Working-Corr...

Simha 

aspain
6 - Meteoroid

Are there any known workarounds? The threshold is 0.7 and cannot be changed as it is a business requirement.

I have tried to verify by modifying my formula to the below and it does indeed seem that anything where [var] = 0.7 is indeed problematic. I have also tried applying a filter for [fulfillment_percent] = 0.7 and it returns no results.

formula.pngoutput.png

aspain
6 - Meteoroid

As @Simha indicated it seems to be related to this behaviour (I had never dreamed it would be specific to one number). The numbers had originally been streamed out from an In-DB connection as Fixed Decimal then crosstabbed, at which point they became doubles. I am not sure at what point the precision was lost. However, as a quick fix I amended my formula as below and get the desired result.

Any suggestions as to a better workaround or insight into loss of precision in this instance would be greatly welcomed.

formula.png

EDIT: spelling

Simha
9 - Comet

I found the link to a similar issue I mentioned. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Filter-Doesn-t-Seem-to-be-Working-Corr...

You might find some answers there too.

Labels