Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Gray Macro icon with no output and no error message

anwerm2
7 - Meteor

Hi 

I have designed a batch macro and trying to insert in my workflow but am getting a strange icon sign with not output connector and no error message. 

I tried to insert other macro to test in this workflow and it is working fine with blue icon. Here is the screen shot

anwerm2_0-1602018590071.png

Please provide some help as I am not getting any error message. Thank you in advance.

Regards

Muhammad Anwer

8 REPLIES 8
vstefano
7 - Meteor

Can you please enter into the macro and share the workflow to create it?

anwerm2
7 - Meteor

Sorry Vstefano -  I did not get your ask? Can you explain please.

My macro workflow file is very big.

As far as macro workflow is concerned it is working fine. If I run the macro workflow I can see the desired result in browse window. I am having a problem when I am trying to insert that macro.

Let me know what do you want from me. Thanks

Muhammad Anwer

vstefano
7 - Meteor

Hi Muhammad,

I think your problem is in the output anchor of the macro that maybe is missing.

Stefano

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @anwerm2 

As i can see your macro is batch macro.

The issue is there is no connection in macro converted to output. Change browse to macro output.

And select tool needs a input connection.

Your macro should be something like this

atcodedog05_0-1602052839559.png

Main workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1602052857022.png

Resources for macros:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Build-Your-First-Macro/td-p/51352

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Build-Your-First-Batch-Macro/td-p/52900

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Build-Your-First-Iterative-Macro/td-p/55565

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Feel free to ask more question

anwerm2
7 - Meteor

Hi - I am still struggling to fix the problem. 

I think I should upload all files (Macro Workflow, Main Workflow and Excel source file) with full explanation of problems  so that you guys can see it. Thanks

I just need few hours.

Hope I will get help

Thanks

Muhammad Anwer

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@anwerm2 

No worries definitely looking forward to help you out 🙂

anwerm2
7 - Meteor

Hi - I was able to resolve the batch macro gray color issue. 

Now I have problem in import & union multiple excel files  with multiple sheets with different schema. I want to design this workflow and post in the Gallery for different users. The users will save all these files in one folder.  My Excel file has several sheets but I want to import the following sheets only (in other words I do not want to give any option to user to select any of sheets).

4.2 Clarity upload data

4.4 Contingency & tolerance Summary

4.3.3 Exc Summary

I want to import all these sheets in Macro Workflow at the same time for union after that I do a lot of cleaning (I removed those tools from the attached macro). The problem I am having its only import the 4.2 Clarity upload data tab. Also I am not sure what formula should I put after directory tool. So I need help in fixing the importing of all three files at the same time in Macro Workflow and some formula, if any, after the directory tools. I must mention that I am using the Alteryx version 2018.4. Is there any issue with version? I would appreciate if some one help me in importing and union all the excel files. Than you in advance.

Regards

Muhammad Anwer

Note: All my source Excel files are .xlsm. Since I can't upload in the community .xlsm I saved as .xlsx and attached.

ikeoneh
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, how were you able to resolve the grey color macro issue. I am having the challenge

Labels