Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Grabbing Unique Values for Each Column

jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

Hello. 

I have a data set with about 25 columns.  I need to grab unique values for each column with a sum for another column.  Is there a way to do this without 25 different summarize tools on the pallet?  

For example, let's say one column is year with a unique value from 2010 to 2013 and one is marital status.  So, in the end I would want to see:

Year| 2010| sum of value

Year| 2011| sum of value

Year| 2012| sum of value

Year| 2013| sum of value

MS  | M     |sum of value

MS | S       |sum of value 

I've attached an exported workflow and what I want the end result to look like if I used a bunch of Summarize tools on the tool pallet. My end goal is to have a macro that does this where the user can choose which columns to group by and which column to use as the value.

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Yes you can transpose your data and then summerize on just the one field rather than the 25 fields.

Example attached.

Ben

jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

This works but I can't seem to make an interface work how I want (choosing which columns to group and which one to sum by).  Do you see what I'm doing wrong here?

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I've attached how I would build out a macro version of this, it should provide you with some direction.

Ben

Labels