Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google sheets input tool - Connected to show sheets but the next button doesnt do/change

Lucyxbite
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I am using the google sheets input tool and I am able to connect and preview all the sheets in my google drive, however when selecting a sheet and clicking the next button, it doesn't do/change anything however the below error appears.

Hope somebody can help. 

Thanks

Google Sheets Input (1) Google API: Retrieve Access Token (138): Google API: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request ¶Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, must-revalidate ¶Expires: Mon, 01 Jan 1990 00:00:00 GMT ¶Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 11:43:13 GMT ¶Pragma: no-cache
Google Sheets Input (1) Google API: Retrieve Access Token (138): Tool #14: Parse Error at char(1): Unknown variable "token_type" (Expression #1)

Lucyxbite_0-1620824353402.png

3 REPLIES 3
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @Lucyxbite 

I'm not massively familiar with google sheets, but as far as I understand of the tool, you have two login options, user login and Developer.

If you are using User-Login, I believe the token expires after 60 minutes. You may need to logout, and logback in to that tool (in the bottom left of the configuration window). If you are using Developer, then ensure the google sheets is enabled here:
https://console.cloud.google.com/marketplace/product/google/sheets.googleapis.com?q=search&referrer=...

Let me know if this helps 😀!
TheOC

Bulien
Shifty
12 - Quasar

Hey @Lucyxbite,

Did you manage to get this sorted?

Shifty

Lucyxbite
6 - Meteoroid

Brilliant! It did everything I needed! Thanks @TheOC

Labels