Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google sheet input tool developer login?

Beenish_shah
5 - Atom

Hi

I have been using the Google sheets input tool version 10.5 in a scheduled workflow that seemed to solve the issue that many have been having with developer login ( as described here ) in the latest version of the Google Drive tools that are the ones in the gallery (Google sheet tool)  and in the latest version default in the input tool as the google plugin. I have tried to follow the method listed (Article by JordanB) and it used to work before with older version of the tool but now the older version has been failing for past two days and gives the following error when run 

Error: Google Sheets Input (1): Tool #140: Google Sheets Input: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Expires: Mon, 01 Jan 1990 00:00:00 GMT
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 10:14:22 GMT

Can anyone tell me how to make this work or how to schedule a workflow using the latest versions of the input tool which for reference does not have an option for developer login but instead looks like this

Beenish_shah_0-1629455493160.png

I am unable to find any article or help regarding how to use this and not get the this api is not authorized and or these credentials are for web client and you need native app access errors. Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Beenish_shah -

were you able to get this issue resolve ? i am facing with a similar issue. 

Thanks. 

Beenish_shah
5 - Atom

Hi @

Yes! Finally figured it out. The new version of google input tool works differently and I believe is needed now as old version is not working with Google's updated API anymore. Here is what I did. Installed the latest version of the Alteryx Google input tool Gallery link Or if you have the designer version 2021.2 and above in the normal input tool you will see the option to connect to Google sheets. (But uninstall the old version of the google download tool to see this option)

Beenish_shah_0-1630652466864.png

Then you will see the options 

Beenish_shah_1-1630652533301.png

Ignore the optional ones first time you do this on the designer and just click connect it will open an authorization page in your browser where you will need to check the box and continue

Beenish_shah_2-1630652626510.png

Authorization granted sheet will appear and now back in designer you will see all your sheets stored in drive. If you want to schedule this just look at the very end of the sheets and you will find a field called connection token. Copy that token and now logout 

Beenish_shah_3-1630652777575.png

You will be taken back to Sign in to Google sheets options again this time choose Optional Connection Token and paste the connection token you got from the previous step. Now you can schedule this. BUT KEEP IN MIND (since I forgot this) Make sure the latest version of this tool is also installed on ur server otherwise this will work on your desktop designer but fail on the server. That is it. Hope it solves the issue for you too. 

Labels