Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Google sheet input error

Kriti_Modi
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I run a daily workflow which gets data from Google sheet using the Google sheet connector in Alteryx. It has always been working but it suddenly failed on Friday.

I thought of connecting and disconnecting the tool as suggested on community but that is also failing as mentioned in second screen shot.

Error1.PNGError2.PNG

Can someone please assist in sorting it out.

5 REPLIES 5
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Kriti_Modi the 404 error would tell me that the "resource" cannot be found. Have you tried to access the data via a web browser? 

Does the data exist in Google Sheets?

Has anything changed with your access and / or are you connecting via a firewall?

Kriti_Modi
5 - Atom

Thanks for responding. Yes I can access the Google sheet. There has not been any change in the way the data is getting accessed. This is my daily workflow and it suddenly stopped working. This workflow access other google sheets as well for year 2020, 2019 and 2018. All the connectors are giving the same error.

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Kriti_Modi random question, does the tab in Sheet have any special characters? 

Can you use Alteryx to write to the same space / directory via our Output connector?

Kriti_Modi
5 - Atom

Hi, No special character . Except one column name is "Date ↓ Currency code → ".

I tried writing to output and it gives some different error.

Google_output_error.PNG 

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Kriti_Modi this looks like you don't have permissions to connect. Again I assume you can connect via your browser and save to Google Sheets. Did you check if its a firewall issue?

I'd recommend to raise a ticket to support@alteryx.com (just send them an email) and someone should be able to help you further.

Labels