Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
It's the most wonderful time of the year - Santalytics 2020 is here! This year, Santa's workshop needs the help of the Alteryx Community to help get back on track, so head over to the Group Hub for all the info to get started!
SOLVED

Google Sheets Output writing a blank sheet

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi Probley - thank you for your follow-up!  Contrary to what I posted yesterday, it isn't the number of columns, but what was in the headers of those last columns that were causing my issue. Apologies for the mislead. 

 

I did some further research and have found the following:

 

1.  The field names for those last columns contained the word "Total" followed by lengthy text that included parentheses and ampersands.  

 

2.  Once I changed my field names to something simpler and removed special characters, the issue disappeared.

 

I do need to do some additional testing today (is it the word "Total" or the length of the text or the special characters) but my issue disappeared when I simplified my field names. 

 

Interested to hear any similar experiences from the Community.

 

 

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

@Sbinkley - Ampersands was the problem for me and it works just fine now. Thank you!

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hello - my additional tests have verified that ampersands in any of the Google output titles result in a blank record begin output. 

 

 

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Yes, I found the same. Removing one ampersand in a single column title resolved the blank sheet issue immediately. Limiting number of columns, or long column titles did not seem to have an effect. 

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Yes, limiting columns was not the issue.  I've been able to output as many columns as needed after removing the ampersands that caused the problem. 

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

I too was having the same issue and it was perplexing. My problem was being caused by a field in the header row that included a less than "<" character. By removing that character and replacing with "LT" all of my data was flowing through. It just appears that certain characters as part of the subject line is part of the issue. 

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I am having this problem with no luck from what other had solve this. Field title is simple, I have done a data cleanse on the field. I have narrow it down to one field that is causing the issue but I can't for the life of me fine how to get rid of the blank output. If I remove that field then it will upload fine. I went as far as data cleanse everything to where it is just blank and it still does it. Remove the field in a select tool, data uploads fine. 

 

I tried putting a Block Until Done right before the Google output, that didn't help. I am really at a loss because it is obvious it is this field that is causing it but I can't find out why or find a solution. 

 

If anyone has found other solutions, I would love to hear them. 

Labels