Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google Sheets Output writing a blank sheet

BlakeFox
7 - Meteor

I am experiencing a bizarre issue with Google Connectors. 

I am working with a workflow that pull from multiple Excel sheets as well as several Google sheet inputs. One of the inputs is pulling from a Google Form Response Sheet which is auto-populated from google forms being filled out by end users. Additionally all Google Sheet inputs have been configured as follows so that Alteryx knows that records start at row 2: 

<Value name="firstRowContainsNames">True</Value>

I have configured my workflow so that, once the data has been manipulated, it is being output to three places: Google Sheet Output, an Output Data tool (excel sheet), and a Browse Tool for easy viewing. 

After the flow is run I do not receive any errors. The flow writes to the excel sheet output without issue, and you can view the final data in the browse tool. But The Google Sheets Output writes out blank. All cells contain no data. 

The messages show the following: 

Google Sheets Output (344) Tool #402: Sheets API: Payload 1 of 1 posted at 13:07:02 on 2018/05/17
Google Sheets Output (344) Tool #402: Sheets API: Workbook was successfully published
Google Sheets Output (344) Profile Time: 134.39ms, 0.23%

Has anyone experience this problem before? After several hours of troubleshooting it seems the blank data is stemming from my Google Sheet populated by the Google Form Responses so used an ImportRange formula to a new sheet to pull from instead of the original sheet but this had no effect on the outcome.  I have tried to troubleshoot this issue a million different ways but cannot seem to find a solution. Thank you for your help!

16 REPLIES 16
jessbartlett
5 - Atom

Having the exact same issue. Very interested to hear the fix. Cheers.

BlakeFox
7 - Meteor

Glad to know I'm not alone with this issue. If anyone reads this and finds the problem I've detailed here is not clear feel free to let me know, I'd be happy to provide any additional detail possible. Thank you for your help!

briantalla
5 - Atom

I am having the same issue, except there is no connection to google sheets for input.  I have four workflows that are basically the same but with different parameters applied to the filters.  They each have an "output data" tool that exports to an excel file, works fine.  Today I added a "google sheets output" connector to each of the four workflows.  Three of them work as expected, the fourth outputs a blank sheet (with the proper number of columns and rows, (i.e. the same number of rows and columns that make up the table in the excel output, but blank).  I added a browse tool, which works fine.  Stumped as to why three work fine and one does not?  All four stem from the same source data.

ango858
5 - Atom

Has anyone figured out what's going on? 

I am running into the same issue, but found I am able to write to the Google sheet when I keep my record count at 100 rows.  Anything above updates the sheet and it is blank with only the first header. 

I am curious if anyone else has tried limiting their records with success as well.

Please keep me posted if anyone make0s progress. 

PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @BlakeFox and @jessbartlett,

Are you stil facing same issue please?

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

Sr Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx

BlakeFox
7 - Meteor

Hi Paul, 

Yes I am! have not found a resolution to the problem. I've attempted reinstalling alteryx, updating my google connectors, using developer login vs. google login, limiting my input types etc. 

briantalla
5 - Atom

Hi Paul,

Yes, this issue persists.  I had removed the google output from this workflow, just now added it back.  Just like before, it works for three of my vendors, but outputs a blank sheet for the fourth.

Thanks,

Brian

Sbinkley
7 - Meteor

Would your number of columns by chance happen to be greater than 26?  If I output a dataset using Google Outputs with less than or equal to 26 columns it's fine, but any greater number I get a blank sheet.  

Paul-Evans
9 - Comet

@Sbinkley I have the issue with only 16 fields and 70 records.

Labels