Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Google Sheets Input can't sign me in

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

I'm trying to log in to my google sheets account, but the interface in Alteryx is telling me that "This browser or app may not be secure." I'm not even to the password part - just entered my email address, and it gave me this error message and won't let me go farther.

Any idea what the problem might be?

quantum_relic_0-1578754006852.png

Highlighted
Atom

I am having the same issue with the same error.  Any ideas?

Alteryx Partner

Also  a problem for me.   This was working about a week ago.   

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hello everyone,

Have you already tried checkin the authorize 'unsecure apps'?:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255

The other reason would be a bug affecting the latest installation of google chrome 79, althought I am not sure about this one.

Regards

Highlighted
Meteor

Hi 

I also encounter the same issue.  Have already allowed less secure app on google but still doesn't work. Any update yet?

yikl

Highlighted
Atom

Hi,

The fix I found was that I was using an old version of the Google Sheets Tools.  I downloaded a new version (11.3) and was able to connect both via the email login and through the Google Console login.

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Hi All -

Just wanted to share a solution that worked for me.   First this issue did drive me to brink -  I tried everything including uninstalling alteryx and chrome.   To make it worse I had colleagues who could connect - even when using the same account I was using.

What worked for me was deleting the macros -   Mine was in  appdata-->roaming-->Alteryx-->tools.     I tried reinstalling the macros (v 2.0) - which is listed on the gallery page as for version 11.5 or later (didnt work).      So I deleted it again and installed version 10.5 (listed as version 10.5 or later) and this works!!

For reference the gallery page is here:

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Google-Sheets-Tools/5952d212a18e9e0e48a0cafe

So again not sure if this an issue with v2.0 or what -  but if you are stuck and desperate to get this working try version 10.5

Highlighted

This is the first solution that has worked for me. Thanks you, @Vantage_James.

Highlighted
Atom

Have tried all the above solutions and none seem to be working for us, our google sheets input sign in issue has only happened today for majority of users, anyone have any other suggestions

Labels