Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google Sheets Input - Problems with Developer Login

rpaugh
11 - Bolide

Hello,

I cannot seem to use a Developer Login for the Google Sheets Input tool.  I followed the instruction found here exactly (multiple times), but always get the same error:

Alteryx - Google Sheets Input - Developer Login Error.png

Does anybody know how to generate a refresh token that the input tool doesn't think is expired, even when it's entered merely seconds after creation?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @rpaugh

When setting up in the Google Oauth Playground make sure that all of the below options are selected. 

Pic 1.png

Remember to also add your ClientID and Client Secret into the setting using the cog icon in the top right side of the Oauth page. 

You can then authorize the api and get the Refresh token. 

Let me know how you get on!

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

rpaugh
11 - Bolide

Thanks, Jordan.  Turns out I didn't have the third option selected.

aMac
8 - Asteroid

Hey @JordanB thanks for this thought out response. I triple-checked that I had all those scopes enabled and I am still getting an "Error Code 401: Unauthorized" message.

Pre-Emptive Edit: Ok, I actually quad-checked the original oAuth/Google Sheet help doc, and I always miss this, so I am leaving it here for posterity.

Make sure you click on the Gear icon in the top right page section and select "Use your Own Credentials" and input your Client ID and Client Secret into the corresponding input fields:

oAuthPlygrnd-Setup-redHili.png

LoganLugo
5 - Atom

I'm also having the same issues as well, it worked perfectly fine until I picked up this project again and ran into the same 401 unauthorized error.

Any updates on possible fixes so far?

arpit_tyagi
7 - Meteor

Hi @JordanB 

I tried your settings ( all 3 API - Drive, Google Sheet, Spreadsheet) . I  tried putting my client id and client secret in the settings too. Even then Access Token is showing 60 minutes access in the screen. How to avoid this 60 minutes counter. 

Is the checkbox below this counter is going to help us from this 60 minutes counter?

arpit_tyagi_0-1627299555756.png

what I want is that I should not be entering access token again and again in the configuration window and I should schedule it from my desktop too.

Please guide.

I have been strugglling with this since last 5 days now.

Rgds

arpit_tyagi
7 - Meteor

Hi @rpaugh 

Have you done it? Have you resolved this 60 minute recursive entry problem of the access token?

I have to enter Access Token every 60 minute in Alteryx. Please help me for the same in case you have done it .

What i have done :

1: selected all three apis : Drive, Google sheet, spreadsheet. 

2: gear box : I have enterted client id and secret there already.

3. I have one refresh token and 1 acess token for 60 minutes now. How to use this for infinite time?

please help.

Regards

rpaugh
11 - Bolide

@arpit_tyagi Yes, I've done this. You just need to create a common break in your query logic and get a new token at that point. And you can accomplish this via an iterative macro:

Alteryx Google Auth - Workflow.png

In the macro itself, you place your callout to get a new access token and take in a new Google URL as the parameter. In my example, I passed in a parent folder Id and and retrieved a new access token when passing that folder's items back into the iterative macro to retrieve additional information:

Alteryx Google Auth - Macro.png

Labels