Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google Sheets Developer Sign In

taran42
8 - Asteroid

I am new to Alteryx and I have been tasked with pulling data from Google Sheets. I installed the Google Sheets input/output tool and, from what I understand, I should be presented with two types of logins: User and Developer. I only see User and a checkbox for 0Auth. I was given a Client ID, Client Secret and Refresh Token to sign into our Google sheets, but I do not see a Developer login to enter them nor does the checkbox allow for a Refresh Token (and doesn't work with just the CLient ID/Secret). Did I install the wrong Google Sheet tool or something? This has been very frustrating to get to work.

image.png

8 REPLIES 8
taran42
8 - Asteroid

Does anyone have any idea why I am not seeing a Developer Login button? I have watched videos of other users and they have it. Is there something different about my installation? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PhilipL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Check that you have the most recent version of the Google Sheets connectors.

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Google-Sheets-Tools/5952d212a18e9e0e48a0cafe

taran42
8 - Asteroid

Philip, thank you for your reply. I think the most recent version of the Google Sheets connectors might be the problem. I have read where several people are having the same problem I am. I have downloaded and installed the newest version multiple times.

arpit_tyagi
7 - Meteor

Hi @taran42 :

Any workaround !  Facing exact same problem. every 60 minutes, I have to enter refresh token.

Please help if you have a solution around it.

Rgds

taran42
8 - Asteroid

@arpit_tyagi I ended up having to contact Alteryx tech support sort through the problem. We tried several things, but I think something went wrong with the web app credentials, so I needed to create another client ID and secret for the desktop app. I also think something was wrong with that version of the Google tool. I'm not sure if they have updated it yet or not.

arpit_tyagi
7 - Meteor

Hi @taran42 

Thanks for your reply.

So does that solution worked for you ( the desktop app one) or still the whole google sheet solution is in lurch!

Did you went ahead with UNC path in place of this solution in your problem or you select this only?

Regards

arpit_tyagi
7 - Meteor

Hi @PhilipL 

I have to enter connection token for every 60 minute. Would you please guide us if it is possible without entering creds again and again ?

arpit_tyagi_0-1627365955913.png

Please help.

Regards

taran42
8 - Asteroid

@arpit_tyagi Yes, that solution did work for me in the end.

Labels