Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google Drive (Sheets) API Setup

Caleb
7 - Meteor

All,

I'm trying to get the Google Drive API setup so I can use the developer login with the Google Sheets Tools.

This article on Community seems to be out of date (based on how the webpage looks today), and I'm having a hard time getting my my refresh token. I think I setup my Client ID and Secret correctly, but I'm not sure. 

Is there anyone who can help me figure out how to get this setup? 

Thank you!

Caleb

21 REPLIES 21
Gooley
6 - Meteoroid

I am scrambling right now to find alternatives to my workflows that use the google sheets connector. I don't have enough API experience to make a tool based on V4, and I'm hoping that there either Alteryx updates the connector tool, or some brave soul is daring enough to make it on their own.

Either way, I hope they will share with the rest of us!

LoganLugoAnalytics
8 - Asteroid

@Gooley, You and me both, I'm also sure that there will be many others like us who do not have enough API experience to figure it out.

Hopefully one of the following people is willing to respond to those who own either AFG or Non-AFG accounts...

@JordanB @DanM @lepome @TaraM 

To prevent clutter of recommended postings,I've listed out the following posts that I've referred to prior to reaching out to support@alteryx.com and posting across the community site for any updated insights:

Keep in mind that I've already enabled both Google Drive API and Google Sheets API

This is my step-by-step process of reaching the same error on Alteryx's end and @Gooley, please let me know if this is also what you're seeing.

I've created an OAuth consent screen already (and tried in multiple different trials with varying links):

LoganLugoAnalytics_0-1581020815536.png

Then I created the necessary step of creating a Client ID & Secret with a variety of redirect link suggestions.

I also have tried with only https://developers.google.com/oauthplayground/ as the redirect link (Both with the slash and without at the end in different trials)

LoganLugoAnalytics_1-1581021061766.png

Then after that I proceeded to the playground to enter my new credentials and checked all of the scopes under Drive API and Google Sheets v4, and proceeded to the next step of allowing my app as below (I also tried with all of the scopes checked under Sheets v3 in different trials):

LoganLugoAnalytics_2-1581021154290.png

Yet, I've consistently run into this error (I also thought it was strange that Alteryx eliminated the refresh token option as I've rarely had issues with it):

LoganLugoAnalytics_3-1581021184104.png

Can someone please tell us what I'm doing wrong here?

I also don't agree with moderators suggesting that I refer to back to the community site even after reaching out to support@alteryx.com with no help in return.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@LoganLugoAnalytics,

From the error message you posted the issue seems to be something with the Oauth process wanting the Oauth # to be copy and pasted. I am trying to find out if that is something within the tool or if it's something on Google's side. We haven't had anyone submit a case with this error, so this is the first time we are seeing it. Hopefully I will have something for you soon.

to address the Support comment: Since you are an Alteryx For Good client, and have free access to the software we don't off support which is why you were directed back to the Community. However, if we determine this is a bug, we will make sure to reopen the case and push to Engineering.

DanM

Nathan_Cross
5 - Atom

Hi Logan,

Just came across the below article that resolved the same issue for me. I had to delete the original Google input/output tools and download the older version - 10.5. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Google-Sheets-Input-can-t-sign-me-in/m...

Refer to solution by Vantage_James. Hope this helps.

LoganLugoAnalytics
8 - Asteroid

@Nathan_CrossThank you so much!

Looks like the updated version did not work, the older version works successfully for me.

Version 10.5 

@GooleyDid this work for you as well?

demand_james
8 - Asteroid

Thanks - glad this is working.  @DanM  this does seem to be an issue for a large number of users since Mid-December.    I've had a few reach out to me by DM as well.   Could be worth looking into to see if there is an issue with the newer version of the google sheets tools combined with the latest chrome release.

Gooley
6 - Meteoroid

@LoganLugoAnalytics 

Thanks for the comprehensive look into this issue, I will be testing this week to see if it will work. I will report my findings.

LoganLugoAnalytics
8 - Asteroid

Any updates on this?

demand_james
8 - Asteroid

Hi Logan 

Recently this has not been an issue.   It seems to have been better with the newer versions of Alteryx and Chrome

For reference -  I am running Alteryx 2020.2.3 and chrome version  84.0.4147.105 and where I had the problem before upgrading to 2020.1 I no longer have this issue.

See if you still have the problem after upgrading and send me a DM and I will see if I can help.

Beenish_shah
5 - Atom

HI does anyone have solution to the original problem. The solution with using the older version seemed to be working till this week but is failing now. I now get the following error with the old version Error: Google Sheets Input (1): Tool #140: Google Sheets Input: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Expires: Mon, 01 Jan 1990 00:00:00 GMT
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 10:14:22 GMT

Labels