Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google Drive (Sheets) API Setup

Caleb
7 - Meteor

All,

I'm trying to get the Google Drive API setup so I can use the developer login with the Google Sheets Tools.

This article on Community seems to be out of date (based on how the webpage looks today), and I'm having a hard time getting my my refresh token. I think I setup my Client ID and Secret correctly, but I'm not sure. 

Is there anyone who can help me figure out how to get this setup? 

Thank you!

Caleb

21 REPLIES 21
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Google AnalyticsHi @Caleb

You can set up your client ID & Secret by clicking on the Outh Consent Screen

pic1.jpg

This is outlined in the Google Analytics Article. 

You can then go to the https://developers.google.com/oauthplayground website to activate the Driver API. Depending on what you are doing with API you will need to tick the appropriate links. 

pic2.jpg

Please make sure you click the cog Icon and enable the Oauth screen and add in your client ID & Secret. 

pic3.jpg

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

Caleb
7 - Meteor

Thanks Jordan!

I must have been in the wrong menu, because today I was able to find the "Web Application" radio button, and authorizing scopes actually worked after I properly setup my credentials. Previously, I was getting hung-up on when attempting to add scopes.  

For anyone else who is doing this, you may need to join the "Allow Risky Access Permissions By Unreviewed Apps" Group or submit a request for authorization by filling-out this form. I elected to join the group in-order to test functionality immediately, and because my use case meets those requirements. 

While some other people also thought the previous article was out of date (possibly because they clicked wrong too), I'd now amend my comment to say that it's still pretty accurate and helpful. 

Thank you!

LoganLugoAnalytics
8 - Asteroid

There seems to be an error with creating a successful connection with Google Sheet's OAuth process again, unfortunately.

Is there a workaround for the attached error?

LoganLugoAnalytics_0-1580781983116.png

I followed the steps on connecting the OAuth playground with the API creation (Web-based radio option) with the OAuth playground link as the redirect link.

LoganLugoAnalytics
8 - Asteroid

An update on this:

My previous Client ID and secrets no longer work..

@JordanBany idea of why this is happening now?

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@LoganLugoAnalytics

Have you tried creating a new Client ID and secret? 

DanM

LoganLugoAnalytics
8 - Asteroid

I have tried new credentials to tinker around to see what is going on but still did not work. 

The updated Google Sheets Input sign in window no longer asks for a refresh token as well. The pop up window within Alteryx does not allow users to sign into their Google account citing non-secure connection and does not work unfortunately. 

Gooley
6 - Meteoroid

Google Sheets API v3 is being deprecated in March 2020, and my understanding is that the connector is using the V3 API so will cease to work at that time. Is anyone familiar with a solution to bringing my workflows up to speed with V4 of the Google Sheets API?

LoganLugoAnalytics
8 - Asteroid

I'm glad to see that someone else also has this issue as I should have mentioned that I tried to include v4 connections to no avail. 

v3 will no longer be supported soon, I wonder if Alteryx's developers will address this change soon as I think they were the ones who developed the tool set (Google Sheets Input/Output)

LoganLugoAnalytics
8 - Asteroid

@DanM 

This is the error message that I am seeing on my end when setting up the process on Google's side.

urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob:auto

Labels