community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Google Big Query Input Error: File "main.py", line 4, in <module> ModuleNotFound Error

Hi All,

Has anyone else received this error when trying to connect to a table in BigQuery using the Big Query Input tool? 

Error: Google BigQuery Input (1): Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 4, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'big_query_input'

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Elliot

Hi @ElliotNam,

I haven't seen the error, and on the support team we haven't had any cases from other users experiencing this error to the best of my knowledge.  Can you share some additional details around how you have the connection configured with us?

Thanks,

Jessica Silveri
Customer Support Engineer

Hi, Did you managed to solve this issue?

Im having the same error message.

Hi @josemilio12,

I did not hear anything from the user who posted the thread but feel free to reach out to us at support@alteryx.com so we can take a look at your issue.

Thanks!

Jessica Silveri

Hi @josemilio12,

I did not hear anything from the user who posted the thread but feel free to reach out to us at support@alteryx.com so we can take a look at your issue.

Thanks!

Jessica Silveri

Hey Jose and Jessica,

Sorry for the delayed response. I was able to fix this error by downgrading one of the required python packages. 

When installing the BigQuery connector app, it installs protobuff==3.6.1. After I downgraded the version to 3.5.1, the BigQuery input connector worked.

Thanks,

Elliot

Hi, thanks for your response. I already have protobuf==3.5.1 and im still getting the same error. Ive even updated to the newest version.

Its weird.

Thanks though!

Ah ok. Yea I remember having to downgrade to version 2018.1 and then re-installed the connector with protobuf=3.5.1. I'm not sure if you tried that already but might be worth a shot if you haven't.

Has this been solved?

I'm getting the same error. I was able to successfully import my Google service account, and it auth'd to return a list of available tables, but upon selecting a table from the list and clicking Run, I get:

Do I really need to downgrade Designer to 2018.1? And then what?

How do I discover the current version of protobuf, and how do I downgrade the module (even though that sounds like it's not a fix for everyone)

Still looking for a solution, here.

I've settled on creating BigQuery API OAuth 2.0 client ID credentials for type "Other" and copied the Client ID and Client Secret into the BigQuery Table Input tool.

After setting up the Client ID and Client Secret, the tool successfully authorizes and shows if I click Select Table it retrieves the lists of appropriate projects, resources and tables in the expandable tree.

No matter if I select a table or "Use a custom query" (pasting in SQL from a working saved query in BigQuery), when I run the workflow the BigQuery tool returns

Could it be an issue with my Python PATH?

We really need to get this working, if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks!

Labels