Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google Analytics Connector resulting in error

kaustavdas
5 - Atom

Can you help me resolve the issue. I am trying to get data out of Google Analytics into a flat file for my work. Have followed alomost all the steps till I reached the "Search" "Query Mode" section under Step 5.

Alteryx1.JPG

What I understood from this is that the file is missing from the path mentioned. I had to reinstall the Desktop app again to get them reinstated at the path. However post this I have again tried configuring the Connector in Update Mode ,and astonishing it deletes the .xml file again at the path. I have tried using Update Mode with and without Reset to Default options.

I have created the Client ID, Client Secret, and Refresh Key from Google, and is running Alteryx Desktop 10.6 as Administrator. Not sure How can I work around the issue.

Appreciate your assistance.

KD.

9 REPLIES 9
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kaustavdas

Insert the new files again (here) and leave it in update mode, don't click the 'reset to default' option as the files are already defaulted. This should then update those files when you run the module. 

GA.png

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant 

kaustavdas
5 - Atom

Hi Jordan,

Thanks, but I tried that even without luck.  Copied over the files, and checked the properties so taht those are editable. As I m myself admin in the system, and have write access to the Macro folder it was easy. Tthen I ran the Update query as you suggested without resetting to default. However at this point the files get dissapeared.

I have tried resetting the token from Google and running the process again without any luck as well.

Thanks,

Kaustav.

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kaustavdas

If you add the client ID and secret in the Oauth Google Developers tab this should refresh the token. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant 

DeniseF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@kaustavdas@JordanB,

Exciting news!!!! We have released the new Google Analytics tool, you can download it here: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Google-Analytics/5898afe9effc2a0bb0a11644

Thank you!

@DeniseF

kaustavdas
5 - Atom

Hi @DeniseF,

The Google analytics link you shared do not contain the *.yxi file. Also I m not sure, how to install this new version. Would be able to assist ?

Thanks,

Kaustav.

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kaustavdas

cc'd: @DeniseF

You click Run>>Run

Then you will get the screen below >> Press 'Google Analytics Tool Download' and the yxi will be downloaded.

pic1.png

Best,

Jordan

DeniseF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@kaustavdas,

@JordanB is correct. If you still need help, please let us know.

Thank you!

@DeniseF

kaustavdas
5 - Atom

Hi Both,

Basis the process described, I could only download a ZIP file from the link.

Capture.JPG

But where do I unzip the files ? I tried extracting into

"C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Macros"

but it wont show up in Alteryx Designer:

Picture1.png

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kaustavdas

It looks like you are running this in IE..

Can you please try Google Chrome and you will receive the yxi file as expected. Click on the download and it will open up your Alteryx Designer and you can install the tool.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

Labels