Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google Analytics Connector Help

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I call upon the Alteryx community to help troubleshoot something I am seeing with the GA Connector. 

We have an instance where we are able to use the GA connector with a set of credentials on one user's laptop. On a separate machine (happens to be an Alteryx Server but we are getting the error in Designer), I am able to click "connect" and it launches the prompts in Chrome. We authenticate it and get the message saying "To complete the authentication process, go back to Alteryx Designer".

Treyson_0-1659551797361.png

When I go back to Designer it just sits there.

Treyson_1-1659551837535.png

We have tried this with a standard run and opening as admin. We tried monitoring Windows logs to see if it was a firewall issue and nothing jumped out at us. We are currently on 22.1.1.3. My favorite color is green. Since this is running on the SDK I am unaware of logs that we might be able to check to see if that is hearing something back or not. My assumption is that somehow Alteryx is not hearing the response but I can't prove it and I can't find evidence to the contrary.

I am quick to mark answers as solutions.

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
2 REPLIES 2
Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Watching network traffic to the rescue!!!

In the past, I ran across this incident and did some troubleshooting using Fiddler (which monitors all the HTTP calls on your machine) and also monitoring the network traffic in Chrome (press F12 in Chrome).

On one run I saw a note where the Alteryx couldn’t find some JS file in the install location. So in the end I had to uninstall/reinstall the Google Analytics Connector. It worked fine after that.

John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

The re-install worked for us too. Frustrating how turning off/on is the fix for so many things in the computer world.

Thanks John!

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
Labels