Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google Analytics Connector Error - Error transferring data: Couldn't resolve host name

ericamoody
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I'm working on a project to retrieve Google Analytics data via the Alteryx connector. I've gone through the Alteryx 'How to' guide and have set up credentials correctly, as I am able to retrieve some data, but not all.

For this particular workflow sample, I've specified 6 dimensions and 8 metrics to be retrieved through the API for the date range October 1st - October 3rd. Once run, the workflow outputs 2,000 records total -- 1,000 records for October 1st and 1,000 records for October 3rd. I'm expecting more like 150,000 records for this dimension/measure/date range combo. 

The error message that populates is below:

ericamoody_0-1576009072048.png

Does anyone know what's going on here or how I can possibly troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks so much in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This is the same ask as here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Google-Analytics-connector-Error-trans...

Are you using the latest version of the connector? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
ericamoody
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Joshua, 

Thanks for the response. Yes, I didn't realize that the version of the connector I was using was not the latest version. Upgrading to the latest version solved the issue. Thanks!

Erica

Labels