Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Go to next to if

FMG
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have a flow that has multiple Excel output files/sheets.  I want to update some of the files 3 times a day, others daily and some weekly.  Is there an easy way to skip some of the output tools depending on the day and time? 

Example: If sunday, output the weekly report to excel

If any day between 10:30 and 10:45, run the daily report? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
If you don't mind a temp file being written, you can create a formula to write the proper file name when you want it and use a temp file name to write to (e.g. .\trash.xlsx) when you don't want it.
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Could you add a Formula tool that checks your date conditions versus DateTimeNow() then use Detour tools to determine if output will get written or not?

FMG
6 - Meteoroid

I am not familiar with the Detour tool, but I think it could work with the tool DateTimeNow and filters. Thanks

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

No problem! If you still can't get it to work, let me know and we can look into it more. 

Labels