Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Giving Remark based on specific condition

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Dear community,

I would like to ask how do we build the formula below :

1. If the " Tracking Number column" showing the same number wih the following row and the "month column" showing same number with the following rows , then we give remark as "yes" for the first row under the " Check column" and give remarks as " No" for the followng row under the "Check column"

2.If the " Tracking Number column" showing the same number wih the following row but there is missing detail "month column"  , then we give remark as "yes" under the " Check column" for the row containing detail and give remarks as " No"

for the row that does not have the detail.

3.If the " Tracking Number column" showing the different number wih the following row and there is missing detail "month column"  , then we give remark as "no" under the " Check column".

SH_94_1-1665275705756.png

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 

A multi-row formula tool should do the trick:

Luke_C_0-1665283835473.png

if [Row+1:Tracking Number] = [Tracking Number] and ([Row+1:Month] = [Month] OR isempty([Row+1:Month])) then 'Yes'
Elseif !isempty([Month]) and [Row+1:Tracking Number] != [Tracking Number] then 'Yes'
else 'No'
endif
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@SH_94 , My solution would be similar to what @Luke_C  has provided. Whenever there is a requirement of row level calculation we can use Multi-Row tool to achieve the desired result. Please find my solution attached.

Sapna Gupta
Labels