Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Giving Remark based on specific condition

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Dear community,

I would like to ask how do we build the formula below :

1. If the " Tracking Number column" showing the same number wih the following row and the "month column" showing same number with the following rows , then we give remark as "yes" for the first row under the " Check column" and give remarks as " No" for the followng row under the "Check column"

2.If the " Tracking Number column" showing the same number wih the following row but there is missing detail "month column"  , then we give remark as "yes" under the " Check column" for the row containing detail and give remarks as " No"

for the row that does not have the detail.

3.If the " Tracking Number column" showing the different number wih the following row and there is missing detail "month column"  , then we give remark as "no" under the " Check column".

SH_94_1-1665275705756.png

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 

A multi-row formula tool should do the trick:

Luke_C_0-1665283835473.png

if [Row+1:Tracking Number] = [Tracking Number] and ([Row+1:Month] = [Month] OR isempty([Row+1:Month])) then 'Yes'
Elseif !isempty([Month]) and [Row+1:Tracking Number] != [Tracking Number] then 'Yes'
else 'No'
endif
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@SH_94 , My solution would be similar to what @Luke_C  has provided. Whenever there is a requirement of row level calculation we can use Multi-Row tool to achieve the desired result. Please find my solution attached.

Sapna Gupta
Labels