Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Give unique identifier to each column in Alteryx

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

Can we put some unique identifiers for each column in alteryx?

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1658900668146.png

like this?

KrishnaChithrathil_1-1658901652733.png

My requirement is i need to loop through each columns, to check if a value is present in it or not. I'll be having a different column order each time.

What I'm thinking is, If we've unique identifiers for each column, we can take 1, check for a particular value. If not present, check in 2.

Is this possible?

15 REPLIES 15
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@KrishnaChithrathil, can you share this sample template without data?

As per my understanding, A is your header, and Name, City, and Code are sub-headers under header A? Am I interpreting it correctly?

The part I am still confused about is how the Country subheader in column F5 should come in column F3 what if the Country subheader comes under a different Header?

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@grazitti_sapna 

I'm sharing the excel with you. I've removed the values in the columns.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@KrishnaChithrathil, will this help?

grazitti_sapna_0-1658913104896.png

In case you have multiple headers.

grazitti_sapna_0-1658914880669.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@grazitti_sapna 

Can you provide that workflow.? So that I can run it my machine and check what  you've done.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@KrishnaChithrathil, attached is the workflow.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Are the header rows static, where you can skip a specific number of rows in the Input Data tool?

ChrisTX_0-1658921315652.png

Suggestion.... look at the issue in a different way.  Focus on how to separate the Excel file into Header, Detail, and Footer sections.  Then focus on getting the field names and data types correct in the Detail section.

Chris

Labels