Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Getting the Email tool to work without an error

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

I have downloaded the Email tool example from:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Email/ta-p/32129

I have changed all the email addresses to be my own, so that I am not sending to anyone else.  I have changed the SMTP address to be that for our company email.  When I run the workflow with all containers open I get the following:

• Send automated emails to each report owner works and I get emails in my inbox,
  • Notification email to reporting process owner results in an error: Error: Email (15): Record#1: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL,
  • Send emails to distribution list results in "No Messages sent because the workflow has errors". 

When I close off and run each of the above independently, the last two generate the same error message: Record#1: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong and have not seen a solution to this error message in the community.  Clearly the SMTP path is correct as the first container runs.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
NeilFisk
9 - Comet

Email Tool Capture.PNG

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

I had found a comment by @paumesen in another string that suggested to drag on a new Email tool, which I have done and it cleared the issue.  I supposed you cannot copy and past the email tool within the canvas.  Thanks @paumesen !

EMAIL tool issues Error : Record 1: URL uing bad/i... - Alteryx Community

Labels