Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Getting a list of Zip codes

Anuj
8 - Asteroid

we are looking to get all the zipcodes and names for entire US, we have access to the CASS and spatial data and were looking to see if we can get it from that 

Allocate input tool has zipcodes but doesnt have PO Box Zipcodes. 

not sure if we can read the underlying files in CASS to get a list any guidance would be appreciated. 

Anuj  

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Anuj Wherever you have installed that Alteryx data (it can be either locally or on the network), there should be a folder called "ZIP9CODER". Inside there will be a subfolder like "Zip9Coder_2019_Q2". Inside there is a yxdb file called "Zip4Code.yxdb". That should be able to get all of the zip codes and fips codes.

Anuj
8 - Asteroid

Thanks thats very helpful , but it doesnt have corresponding name for the zipcode

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I don't recall if any of the alteryx data could be used to go from FIPS code to FIPS name. Perhaps this site could provide it based on matching to fips codes: https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/detail/national/home/?cid=nrcs143_013697

Anuj
8 - Asteroid

i just passed the zip through the CASS tool and that gives me the city Name.. thanks so much 

the zip type is null probably because the address is blank. it would have been nice if the zip type was dependent on Zip and not address

Labels