Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Getting a count by rows

ievpal
7 - Meteor

I have a huge dataset with lots of collumns and lots of rows.

What I`m trying to do is find count of empty values in every row.

I would know how to get this if that was columns, however, I am strugling with rows...

Data sample:

sample1.jpg

Required result:

rezult.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

How about the attached?

The workflow performs a Transpose with id as the Key field, making the data very tall, then a Summarize to group by id and from under the String menu, Count Blank, and then a Join on id to bring the count back in.

count blank by row.png

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Joe_Mako,

You beat me to it...right when I was getting ready to post! And the funny thing is your diagram looks EXACTLY like mine! Smiley LOL

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hello! I am not sure how many columns you are using but using your example, I believe I have found a quick fix using the Multi-Field Tool.

In the attached workflow I just selected all of the fields we wanted to check for blank values and then added an IF statement returning 1 and 0 in a new column for all of the columns selected. We later sum them.

I hope that helps.

multifield.jpg

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
Labels