Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Getting Started with Designer video Questions

dineshk
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I am a new member so forgive me if the question is repetitive. Did a search and didn't find it.

Just watched the getting started video at https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Getting-Started-with-the-Alteryx-Designer/td-p/351678. Two questions: 

a. I did not see the Sales data Excel file in the Sample folder and so could not replicate the training. Does anyone know where that information/file is?

b. At the bottom of the lecture, there is AlteryxEssentials.yxzp file but I cannot add it as an Input. Does anyone know why this file is there and the use of it (and how to read it)?

Thanks in advance, 

DineshK

1 REPLY 1
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @dineshk,

The AlteryxEssentials.yxzp you will not be able to read as an input into Alteryx as this is a "zipped" or "packaged" Alteryx workflow, containing any dependencies (input / output files) and workflow itself. If you will be able to go to File -> Open Workflow -> Browse and select the AlteryxEssentials.yxzp from there. This will unpackage the zipped file and load the workflow up.

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

Labels