Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Getting Started Pop Up - Settings File

JamieD
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

I'm trying to restore Alteryx to its default settings using a batch script. I have more or less acheived this by copying a stored version of UserSettings.xml to "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine\<version>\" but for some reason, the setting to "Show Getting Started window at Startup" isn't held in this file. Does anyone know where it is stored?

Thanks,

Jamie

7 REPLIES 7
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

In UserSettings.xml, I think it is 

<ProxyConfiguration NoInherit="False"><![CDATA[IEProxyString=ProxyCommonPassword=ProxyCommonUserName=ProxyRequiresCredentials=false]]></ProxyConfiguration>

when it is disabled.

Tara McCoy
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

does the file "Getting Started.xml" exists under "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Palettes"

can you Check the "Show Getting Started at Start up" Check box as below and try whether its shows up or not

show.PNG

JamieD
Alteryx
Alteryx

@s_pichaipillai

The GettingStarted.xml file is there regardless of whether I check the box or not - and the contents do not change either.

@TaraM

The setting is not in the UserSettings.xml file. When I copy the original version of it over, it doesn't effect the setting within Alteryx.

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You are right, @JamieD. I just got confirmation from development that it is stored in the registry.

Tara McCoy
JamieD
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks @TaraM!

RoelEsselink
8 - Asteroid

Hello Tara,

Can you also find out where it is stored in the registry. I want to be able to disable the pop-up for users with needing to go into Alteryx Designer.

Regards,

Roel

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SRC\Alteryx\4.0\ShowStartupDialog

Labels