Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Getting Started Pop Up - Settings File

JamieD
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

I'm trying to restore Alteryx to its default settings using a batch script. I have more or less acheived this by copying a stored version of UserSettings.xml to "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine\<version>\" but for some reason, the setting to "Show Getting Started window at Startup" isn't held in this file. Does anyone know where it is stored?

Thanks,

Jamie

7 REPLIES 7
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

In UserSettings.xml, I think it is 

<ProxyConfiguration NoInherit="False"><![CDATA[IEProxyString=ProxyCommonPassword=ProxyCommonUserName=ProxyRequiresCredentials=false]]></ProxyConfiguration>

when it is disabled.

Tara McCoy
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

does the file "Getting Started.xml" exists under "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Palettes"

can you Check the "Show Getting Started at Start up" Check box as below and try whether its shows up or not

show.PNG

JamieD
Alteryx
Alteryx

@s_pichaipillai

The GettingStarted.xml file is there regardless of whether I check the box or not - and the contents do not change either.

@TaraM

The setting is not in the UserSettings.xml file. When I copy the original version of it over, it doesn't effect the setting within Alteryx.

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You are right, @JamieD. I just got confirmation from development that it is stored in the registry.

Tara McCoy
JamieD
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks @TaraM!

RoelEsselink
8 - Asteroid

Hello Tara,

Can you also find out where it is stored in the registry. I want to be able to disable the pop-up for users with needing to go into Alteryx Designer.

Regards,

Roel

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SRC\Alteryx\4.0\ShowStartupDialog

Labels