Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Getting Proxy Error while calling AlteryxGalleryAPI requests

sricharan
7 - Meteor

Hi  @jperrotto , @joshuaburkhow 

I am working on API developemnt since last 6 months, I can able to work on executing workflows, get the results and also migration between different environment in Python language. 

Few days ago, my laptop was reseted. Now the previously running code is not able work. same code throwing ProxyError. exact error is, 

ProxyError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='<my-host-name>', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /gallery/api/v1/workflows/5e5367d414aed71248742cc3/questions/?oauth_consumer_key=8D71FF4C5D4B4F87da9f1664332f39d5ae7b896de3490f25649c0a4&oauth_nonce=LdUqDE1584358568&oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1&oauth_timestamp=1584358568&oauth_version=1.0&oauth_signature=NKr6BkXfYyblho9oT3sedwUworw%3D (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', OSError('Tunnel connection failed: 403 Forbidden',)))

Please help me on how to resolve this issue.

Your reply is much Appreciated.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

First thing to do is ensure you can get to the gallery:

https://<my-host-name>/gallery/

https://<my-host-name>/gallery/api-docs/

Can you do this ok ? If so then maybe a whitelisted issue where the url's are being blocked? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
sricharan
7 - Meteor

Many Thanks for quick reply @joshuaburkhow .  Hope you are doing well.

i am adding the stuff you asked.

I can able to get into the gallery, 

sricharan_0-1584422459322.png

i can able to get in to api-docs

sricharan_1-1584422577983.png

The same code was worked fine before resetting my system, without any proxy error. 

The same code is working fine in my colleague's system. Both are using same gallery and we both are Curators. This looks very weird.

Any Proxies required in order to use Alteryx APIs?  Do I need to add any PROXY settings in my local to get my code worked?

Could you please help on this as well?

sricharan
7 - Meteor

Hi @SophiaF , @NickC 

Could you please help on above issue? I could not able to work due to this issue.

Your help is much more appreciated.

Thanks.

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@sricharan the error is coming from Python and saying that it can't connect due to proxy settings. This will be down to a network configuration or proxy setting you would need to configure. I would suggest working with your internal team to diagnose why your process cannot connect (they should be able to do some type of packet capture to see how the proxy is handling this). The fact that a laptop reboot caused this sounds like something change on the network and was applied on restart.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
sricharan
7 - Meteor

@SophiaF 

Thanks for the response.

You said correct. 

The issue is from my laptop itself. I have configured some other Proxy variables in my Environment Variables, that caused API requests not to connect with Alteryx proxies.

Labels