Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Getting Error - App - Image Tool

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

Hope you are well. I have a working alteryx app which extract information from the pdfs using computer vision and get me the required results.

But at the same time when i change the .pdf to .PNG or .img it gives me the below error . 

Can you please let me know what i am missing?

Thanks,

Sri

sriniprad08_0-1671196551807.png

5 REPLIES 5
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @sriniprad08 

Can you make sure the action tool is pointing to the new file types?

Does the workflow run fine when you click run?

Can you upload the workflow so I can test the analytic app?

nduan
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sriniprad08 

Can you confirm that you have selected both PDF and PNG as options for File Types or Input All File Types in the Image Input Configuration:

nduan_1-1671204535281.png

I am not sure if the tool supports .img files. Would you be able to share the workflow you are using?

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi  @PanPP ,

Thank you for the suggestion. 

Please find attached the app and the .png file.

Cheer,s

Sri

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes i did.

Cheers,

Sri

nduan
Alteryx
Alteryx

I made a small change to add a text input to the workflow and changing the Image to Text Input to Input All File Types and was able to successfully ingest both a PDF and PNG file from the same folder. Can you try running this as an Analytic App to see if this works for you as well? 

nduan_0-1671466965050.png

Would you be able to send over an IMG file as well so I can see if that works as well?

Labels