Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Get username __Cloud not working?

jbravman_
8 - Asteroid

So taking @mbarone's flow for getting username from workflows on the gallery but its not writing anything to our output. 

could this be something wrong with our Alteryx Gallery or something different?

Server running 2019.3.17947

Designer running 2019.1

TIA 

15 REPLIES 15
NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

Hey there alt_tush,

You have to join that user ID you get from __cloud:UserId to the MongoDB user list generated from your MongoDB input too, running it on the 'users' collection. Once joined, you can grab the email from the MongoDB data to use in the rest of your workflow.

Nate

zhuyyu
8 - Asteroid

Hi Nate

May you share how did you do that, I put the mongoDb input tool in my workflow, but have no idea how to config it. Thanks

Husama
5 - Atom

i'm also facing the same issue, did you find any solution?

zhuyyu
8 - Asteroid

I did, with IT help. You need remote to the server, get to the configuration page to get those information. 

Shahbaz_Chase
5 - Atom

Can someone please share a sample workflow for this? I looked for it everywhere but cant find one. Thanks in advance!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Shahbaz_Chase , if you search "barone mongo" you'll find 3 workflows in the Gallery that you can download.  That should get you started, but as others have said, you'll need you Server Administrator to give you the password from the Server Settings Configuration.

Labels