Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Get username __Cloud not working?

jbravman_
8 - Asteroid

So taking @mbarone's flow for getting username from workflows on the gallery but its not writing anything to our output. 

could this be something wrong with our Alteryx Gallery or something different?

Server running 2019.3.17947

Designer running 2019.1

TIA 

15 REPLIES 15
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Can you screen shot your configuration of the tools you're using?

jbravman_
8 - Asteroid

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@jbravman_ I would check your text box tool to be sure that the "Name" box is "__cloud:UserId". The annotation may show that but the name may be something autogenerated. The name doesn't copy over when you copy the text box tool.

patrick_digan_0-1579881449227.png

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

that should work, unless i'm missing something from the screen shots.  can you mock up a YXWZ and attach it here?  note that you'll have to package it first, as YXWZ's can't be directly attached here.

jbravman_
8 - Asteroid

@mbarone @patrick_digan 

thanks y'all! Its friday.... i should have realized it would have been the little thing missing... 

have a great weekend and thanks! 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@jbravman_ Glad to help. I've done that same thing myself more than a few times. 

srikant96
9 - Comet

the Text Box I have is quiet different tool. what kind of tool is the one you are using . i am lost . My screen does not look like this at all 

srikant96_0-1590640948633.png

@patrick_digan 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @srikant96! On the left side of the configuration, there are four icons (the gear, circle with an arrow, tag and circle with question mark). Select the third one (tag) called annotation. Then you can rename the tool.

alt_tush
9 - Comet

Hi patrick_digan,

I used "__cloud:UserId" in text box and when i tried to run from gallery it gives me the encrypted user name instead of the Name of the user.

For example it gives me output "*0a556899609d1*" instead of my name "alt_tush"

could you please help me.

Thank you!

Labels