Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Get Output results (Pass/Fail status) and check whether the workflow in the container ran.

lalitsankhla
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I have developed a workflow in the form of an application. The workflow has multiple containers and each container represents a different workflow.

I have created an app where the users can either run all the workflows i.e containers as once or can run multiple selected containers.

The workflow is working fine. 

I am looking to create an report which tells me whether the containers(workflows) that are selected to run are successful or has failed.

Similar to below table:

NameStatusLog
Container 1FailError - ??
Container 2PassCompleted successfully. 

I have tried using the runner tool, but it directly runs the application as whole and doesn't give me the questions pop up where I can select the containers to run.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @lalitsankhla - If you want to use a Runner Tool you need to have your containers as separate workflows then you will have an app that will offer you a selection of Workflows and then run a macro with the Runner Tool similar to how it's done in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKpJjVYH-yU 

You may create Events for each workflow.

ArtApa_0-1670453159087.png

Alternatively, you may think of using a Message Tool to define Error/Success criteria: https://help.alteryx.com/current/Message.htm 

lalitsankhla
7 - Meteor

Hi @ArtApa , Thanks for the idea. I know that we can keep containers as a separate workflow and achieve the results.

Is there a way we can achieve the results without using this approach and keeping all the container in a single workflow.

I have also tried the message tool, but was not able to achieve the results like the output has been generated or the container has run or fail.

Can you suggest if there's anything I can do without changing the containers to workflows.

Thanks

Labels