Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Geography incongruence between Allocate-Calgary-ConsumerView

mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

Can someone please explain to me why the geographic definitions are not updated between the Allocate, Calgary, and ConsumerView tools? I do a lot of data appends and market comparisons, but oftentimes I need to stop everything to investigate why a specific CBSA is no longer matching. It's usually because one of those three tools has an old geographic definition for the CBSA. 

Thank goodness the Census dept has an archive of "old" CBSA maps and technical bulletins so I can track down when the change occurred and what the CBSA's new name/number is now.

I realize that Allocate is using 2010 Census data...but so do the other two tools. Seems like an oversight somewhere in the process of creating the data behind these three tools. Makes me wonder how many people are using these tools not realizing that there might be a data failure happening.

Please...someone fix the issue. I'm wasting valuable time fixing something that I shouldn't need to worry about.

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @mkosmicki1 

This is a real issue.  Unfortunately, we in the community don't have the power to ask Alteryx to check/change the data included in their data sets.  You're best option is to open a support ticket at support@alteryx.com.  Make sure to provide examples and details about the data sets that you're using.

Dan   

mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

@danilang I know nothing will be fixed just because I write about it in the Community. However, if another Alteryx user is using these data sets and having the same issue, they can find this post and at least have some clue as to what is happening.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi!

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread.   Since your intent here is to share the knowledge with the community, I've marked your answer as the solution.  This makes it more likely to bubble up to the top of the search results.  

Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thanks for sharing

Dan

Labels